Kingswood development plans now on hold


Developers of the Kingswood golf course at Dingley Village have put all plans on hold following Kingston Council’s decision to abandon seeking an amendment to the planning scheme to re-zone the site.

Councillors voted unanimously to abandon the process at a Special Council Meeting held on 17 October.

Spokesperson for the Kingswood development project team, Anna Martiniello, said the decision was disappointing, but not unexpected.

“We accept the decision of Kingston Council and understand that the project, in its current form, cannot proceed,” Ms Martiniello said. “We will take time to consider our options, however we don’t plan to re-submit our proposal in its current form, or in the near future.”

Ms Martiniello said the site’s owner would determine how the project team would proceed, although both the owner and project team genuinely wish to pursue a constructive relationship with Council and with the local community and its representatives.

The owner takes possession of the 54-hectare Kingswood site on 31 January, at which time the gates will be closed and locked. The Peninsula Kingswood Country Golf Club will cease its operations earlier on 1 December 2018.

“We are not golf course operators so the site will be locked for safety reasons,” Ms Martiniello said.

More details can be found on the project website http://kingswooddingleyvillage.com.au

Contact
enquiries@kingswooddingleyvillage.com.au

  • October 18, 2018